Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Goals, goals & goals!

Lets set some short term and long term goals!

To improve in digital art, I am going to have some goals. There is along way to go for me improving my art skills, so at least I have to know where I am headed. 
I never actually set my self any goals to reach. I have only made daily sketches at Cgtalk and that`s about it. 
Having goal is important because it makes you plan your acts better.

These goals might change in future but at least there is something I have thought already.

Long Term


  • I will make one sketching/painting post everyday in this blog for a year! If im not able for some reason, I have to catch up making many in few day. (in 23th of October this blog has to have 365 posts) 
  • In one year I will be at least twice as good as I am now!
  • I will improve and read theory in these painting and drawing areas:
    • Character drawing/painting
    • Vehicle drawing/designing
    • Environment painting
    • Color Theory
    • Perspective

Short Term

  • I will finish Jose M. Parramons "Color pencil drawing" book in the end of this year!
  • I will make portfolio in next few months
  • I will make series painting(No more only sketches!!) and ask people to criticize it, to see my biggest mistakes. So I can crush my mistakes and really IMPROVE!
So lets see how I can keep with my goals.

Also yesterday I made a digital sketch on topic "The Lone Cowboy"... I will use this sketch painting as a reference how much I did improve in one year. After one year, I will do same painting about this same topic and then we can compare, if my year have been any good.

The Lone Cowboy 
(time spend approx 2 hours)



No comments:

Post a Comment